Journal of Ethics in Higher Education
Focus and Scope
The focus and scope of the Journal of Ethics in Higher Education (JEHE) are to answer the request made by many faculty members from the Globethics Consortium of Higher Education Institutions, network, partners, regional centres, and participants in Globethics international conferences to have a new space on the Globethics platform for the publication of their research results in a scientific journal.
About the Journal
The Journal of Ethics in Higher Education is a diamond open-access journal on ethics in higher education (no fee for the author or reader). There are two issues each year with online and print versions available.
The journal is aimed at academic experts in ethics and education, working at the forefront of ethical thinking in global and intercultural perspectives, academic integrity, and the philosophy and practice of higher education.
JEHE is hosted by our partner institution, the University of Fribourg, on their open-access publishing platform SOAP2.
Copyright & License
The authors of the articles submitted to the Publisher (Globethics) of the Journal of Ethics in Higher Education, as owners of all the rights to their work retain the copyright but transfer to the Publisher publication rights about their work under a CC license. The authors declare and certify that the publication of the work does not infringe law, or violate rights or claims of third parties. If illustrations appear in the work, the authors guarantees that they have the right to publish them and transfers to the Publisher this right to reproduce them under the aforementioned conditions.
Journal articles of Globethics Publications are published under the open Creative Commons License Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), which guarantees the rights of licensor and allows free use and re-use to the licensees (the readers) who can: 1) Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format 2) Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material provided appropriate credit is given and similar license is used in case of such adaptations. Content should not be used for commercial purposes. Each article (the version of record) can be deposited by the author on their academic institutional repository or personal author webpage.
The journal was launched during the Building New Bridges Together International Conference, in Geneva, Switzerland on the 17-19 October 2022.
Editorial Board members
- Prof. Divya Singh, Chief Academic Officer at STADIO (Pty) Ltd and an Adjunct Associate Professor at Walter Sisulu University, South Africa.
- Prof. Dr Amélé Ékué, Academic Dean of Globethics, Professor of Theology.
- Dr Greta Balliu, Institut interdisciplinaire d’éthique et des droits de l'homme, Chaire Unesco de la diversité et des droits culturels, Université de Fribourg et Observatoire de la diversité et des droits culturels, Fribourg, Switzerland.
- Prof. Rudolf von Sinner, Dr. theol. habil. Professor (Associate) at Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná (PUC-PR), Curitiba, Brazil. ORCID
- Prof. Michelle Bergadaà, Université de Genève, IRAFPA, Genève (Switzerland).
- Dr Evelyne Fiechter-Widemann, Researcher on water ethics in Singapore, President of the Workshop for Water Ethics.
- Prof. Abdeljalil Akkari, Université de Genève, (Switzerland), ORCID
- Prof. Dr Dr hc. Christoph Stückelberger, Professor of Ethics and President and Founder of Globethics.
- Dr Hassan Fartousi obtained his doctorate degree in International Law, from the Geneva Law School at University of Geneva, and he is currently a Research fellow in World Trade Institute at the University of Bern. He is also Member of the Society of International Economic Law, and Lecturer professor at Geneva School of Diplomacy and International Relations.
- Prof. Dr Stefania Gandolfi, President of the V. Chizzolini Foundation, Bergamo (Italy).